The Hit List set to return to BBC One
We’re so pleased that everyone loves it as much as we do and can’t wait for it to be back on screen again!
Saturday night music quiz The Hit List will be returning to BBC One following its debut on the channel earlier this year.
The Hit List, made by Tuesday’s Child Scotland, is a highly addictive music quiz, where contestants must name as many hit songs and artists as possible under intense pressure. Presented by Rochelle and Marvin Humes, the show sees three couples competing each week for a chance to win £10,000 and all they have to do is name the song and the artist.
The Hit List hosts, Marvin and Rochelle Humes, say: “We are absolutely buzzing that series two of The Hit List has been commissioned. We’ve been overwhelmed with all the support and positive reaction to a show that we have so much fun making. We’re so pleased that everyone loves it as much as we do and can’t wait for it to be back on screen again!”
Karen Smith, Executive Producer of The Hit List, says: “The ratings for The Hit List were great, the recommission even better, but the best bit was hearing how families were coming together to watch and play along with the show. Genuinely shared viewing. I love it when a plan comes together.”
Kate Phillips, Controller Entertainment Commissioning at the BBC, says: “The Hit List has a tremendous amount of energy and is a lot of fun too. I love the fact that families can join in with the action and play along from the comfort of their own homes, making it the perfect way to kick off Saturday nights with BBC One.”
The Hit List is a Tuesday’s Child Scotland production and is a joint commission from BBC Entertainment and BBC Music. It has been commissioned for BBC One by Kate Phillips, Controller Entertainment Commissioning and Charlotte Moore, Director of BBC Content and by Jan Younghusband, Head of Commissioning and James Stirling, Head of Content Commissioning for BBC Music. The Executive Producer is Karen Smith for Tuesday’s Child Scotland and the Commissioning Editor for the BBC is Rachel Ashdown.
Further broadcast information will be confirmed in due course.
Filming for The Hit List takes places in Glasgow in August and September 2019 and applications are open now to be in the audience. (BBC)
The Real Housewives of Cheshire returns to ITVBe this Autumn
Time to pop the champagne…The Real Housewives are back and ready to bring the drama to Cheshire alongside a fresh new face.
The Real Housewives of Cheshire and their glitzy lifestyles are returning for a brand-new series filled with fun, friction, laughs and, of course, glamour. The 10×60 series, plus the highly anticipated reunion show, will launch later this Autumn on ITVBe.
Dawn Ward, Tanya Bardsley, Rachel Lugo, Ester Dohnalová, Seema Malhotra, Perla Navia and Hanna Miraftab will all be back, with Christine McGuiness & Nermina Pieters-Mekic returning as guests. A new Housewife will also join the Cheshire set, Leilani Dowding.
Following 15 years of living the highlife in star-studded Hollywood with neighbours including Keanu Reeves and Jason Statham, veteran page 3 girl and former Miss Great Britain, Leilani Dowding has made the move to Cheshire and is excited to join the Real Housewives. Girlfriend to Billy Duffy, lead guitarist and songwriter of legendary rock band The Cult, Leilani will be sure to bring her feisty attitude to Cheshire – but can she compete with the Cheshire elite? Leilani will be in good company with the other Cheshire housewives as a successful businesswoman, owning a luxury clothing line (LeiLuna Collection) which is worn by many Hollywood stars. Keen equestrian, doting dog owner and animal activist, Leilani promises to bring her fiery nature to Cheshire!
Leilani Dowding said:
“After 15 years of living in LA, my partner Billy Duffy and I decided to move back to the UK. We’ve decided to make Cheshire our home and we’re so excited to be back. When the opportunity arose to join The Real Housewives of Cheshire, I thought it would be so much fun, I jumped at the chance!”
The rest of the Cheshire Housewives set promise not to disappoint either… Ester’s modeling ambitions are given a huge boost when she’s offered an opportunity to go international; the excitement builds as Hanna prepares for the wedding of a lifetime; Dawn tries to accept that her daughters are spreading their wings whilst Rachel looks to the future after a tough few months and Tanya reinvents herself as a bona fide Boss Lady!
There is never a dull moment in Cheshire, and following Leilani’s arrival, viewers can expect plenty of laughs, loads of drama and more gossip than you can handle.
The Real Housewives of Cheshire is made by BAFTA-winning producers Monkey (an NBCUniversal International Studios company). The series is executive produced by David Granger and Mike Swindells for Monkey. The series has been recommissioned by ITV’s Paul Mortimer, Head of Digital Channels and Acquisitions and Amanda Stavri, Commissioning Editor, Factual Entertainment, ITV.
Mike Swindells, Executive Producer, Monkey said:
“It is our pleasure to welcome a new face to Cheshire and we couldn’t be happier that Leilani will be joining the ladies this series. As ever with the Housewives, we’ll see their relationships tested but we will also witness new, and unlikely, friendships being formed. Series 10 promises to deliver all the twists and turns that viewers have come to expect and the Housewives will be sure to shake things up!”.
Paul Mortimer, Head of Digital Channels & Acquisitions, ITV said:
“ITVBe is pleased to welcome back some of the most amazing women on television for a tenth season! This Autumn we’ll also be celebrating the 100th episode of the show that has become a fan favourite amongst our core audience of young women and young mums”. (ITV)
Is There a Doctor in the House?
HBO Max Adds to its Arsenal of Strategic Acquisitions with Exclusive Streaming Rights to the Current ‘Doctor Who’ Series in New Deal with BBC Studios
All 11 Seasons, Including the Streaming Premiere of Season 11 Starring Jodie Whittaker, Will be Available at Launch
Deal Also Locks in HBO Max as the Exclusive SVOD Home for Future Seasons Including the Upcoming Season 12 After It Airs on BBC AMERICA
In Addition, HBO Max Has Licensed 700 Episodes of Iconic BBC Series Including “The Office” and Many More
LOS ANGELES – August 1, 2019 – HBO Max adds to its arsenal of strategic, fan-favorite acquisitions by securing the exclusive streaming rights to BBC’s longest running global franchise, “Doctor Who.” All 11 seasons of the British sci-fi hit drama will be available on WarnerMedia’s streaming service at launch in spring 2020, marking the SVOD premiere of season 11. As part of HBO Max’s new long-term deal with BBC Studios, the streamer will also be the exclusive SVOD home for future seasons after they air on BBC AMERICA.
In addition to “Doctor Who,” HBO Max has licensed 700 episodes of iconic BBC series such as “The Office,” “Top Gear,” “Luther,” and “The Honorable Woman.”
“‘Doctor Who’ is one of television’s all-time, most beloved series, on both sides of the pond, and we are happy to be the exclusive streaming stewards for this BBC gem” said Kevin Reilly, Chief Content Officer, HBO Max and president, TNT, TBS, and truTV. “Another series to further define the high-quality content experience consumers can expect from HBO Max.”
“As any ‘Doctor Who’ fan knows, the iconic TARDIS is ‘bigger on the inside’ – and it’s a good thing because the TARDIS is about to welcome a whole new slew of fans coming to the show through this deal with HBO Max,” said Nigel Gaines, Interim President, BBC Studios – Americas. “HBO Max’s ambitious content line-up is the perfect complement to the ‘Doctor Who’ global franchise, in addition to some of our most award-winning and game-changing UK dramas and comedies.”
“‘Doctor Who’ is a program like no other – an incredibly rich world of stories, packed with adventure, regeneration, heart (two actually) and hope. Our audience is incredibly dedicated and engaged, and we can’t wait to work with HBO Max to tell our stories from across all of time and space,” said Sally de St Croix, Doctor Who Global Franchise Director.
· Doctor Who is a British TV Series, that follows the stories of a regenerating Time Lord who travels on adventures through all of space and time . The deal includes Seasons 1-11. Chris Chibnall is the current showrunner and writer.
· The original British television mockumentary, The Office, created, written and directed by Golden Globe and Emmy winners Ricky Gervais and Stephen Merchant, follows the day-to-day lives of office employees of the fictional Wernham Hogg paper company. Deal includes two seasons and two specials.
· Long running hit car show Top Gear featuring several seasons with original hosts Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May plus the most recent casts including Matt LeBlanc, Chris Harris, Paddy McGuinness and Freddie Flintoff. The deal includes multiple seasons.
· The British crime drama Luther stars Idris Elba as Detective John Luther working for the Serious Crime Unit who becomes consumed by the crimes he investigates. Created and written by Neil Cross, the series has received eleven Primetime Emmy Award nominations with Elba also receiving a Golden Globe, Critics’ Choice Television Award, NAACP Image Award, and Screen Actors Guild Award for his performance. Deal includes all five seasons.
· Nine-part mini-series The Honorable Woman, centers on Nessa Stein, played by Maggie Gyllenhaal, who inherits her father’s arms business and finds herself in an international maelstrom as she continues to promote the reconciliation between Israelis and Palestinians. It was created, written and directed by Hugo Blick.
In addition to these iconic shows, the deal also includes new titles “Pure”, “Trigonometry”, “Stath Lets Flats”, “Home” and “Ghosts” which will all be available exclusively to HBO Max upon launch of the service.
All of these shows join HBO Max’s already-robust library, which is anticipated to boast 10,000 hours of programming at launch, including key licensed third-party programming and a rich array of content that brings the HBO service together with WarnerMedia’s portfolio of powerful brands: Warner Bros., New Line, DC, CNN, TNT, TBS, truTV, The CW, Turner Classic Movies, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Crunchyroll, Rooster Teeth, Hello Sunshine, Looney Tunes and more.
In addition to HBO Max’s vast selection of beloved library titles, the service will also feature the entire HBO library of hits including fan favorites “The Sopranos,” “Sex and the City,” “Veep,” and “Game of Thrones,” as well as previously announced acquisitions “The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air,” “Pretty Little Liars,” and all 236 episodes of “Friends.”
HBO Max will also be the exclusive out-of-season streaming home to a string of new Warner Bros. produced dramas for The CW, including the highly-anticipated new DC series “Batwoman” and “Katy Keene” (spinoff of “Riverdale”). The streamer will also be home to the critically acclaimed DC series “Doom Patrol,” with the first-season available at launch and new episodes set to debut simultaneously on DC Universe and HBO Max.
HBO Max is also developing a strong originals slate with film and television projects geared toward all audience segments in the home.
Max Original series previously announced include:
· “Gossip Girl,” eight years after the original website went dark, a new generation of New York private school teens are introduced to the social surveillance of Gossip Girl.
· “Dune: The Sisterhood,” an adaptation of Brian Herbert and Kevin Anderson’s book based in the world created by Frank Herbert’s Dune, from director Denis Villeneuve
· “Tokyo Vice,” based on Jake Adelstein’s non-fiction first-hand account of the Tokyo Metropolitan Police beat starring Ansel Elgort
· “The Flight Attendant,” a one-hour thriller series based on the novel by Chris Bohjalian, which will star Kaley Cuoco, who is also executive producing alongside Greg Berlanti
· “Love Life,” a 10-episode half-hour romantic comedy anthology series starring Anna Kendrick, who will also executive produce alongside Paul Feig
· “Station Eleven,” a post-apocalyptic limited series based on Emily St. John Mandel’s international bestseller, adapted by Patrick Somerville and directed by Hiro Murai
· “Made for Love,” a 10-episode, half-hour, straight-to-series adaptation based on the tragicomic novel of the same name by Alissa Nutting, also from Somerville and directed by S.J. Clarkson
· “Gremlins,” an animated series from Warner Bros. Animation and Amblin Entertainment based on the original movie
On the film side, HBO Max has secured exclusive movie production deals with Greg Berlanti, one of Hollywood’s most prolific and successful producers, and Reese Witherspoon, Academy Award(R) and Emmy Award(R)-winning actress and producer. Berlanti will produce an initial four movies focused in the young adult space, while Witherspoon’s Hello Sunshine will produce at least two films. Highlights of HBO original programming previously announced for 2020 and 2021 that will be part of HBO Max include:
· Stephen King’s “The Outsider,” a dark mystery starring Ben Mendelsohn, produced and directed by Jason Bateman
· “Lovecraft Country,” a unique horror series based on a novel by Matt Ruff, written and executive produced by Misha Green, and executive produced by Jordan Peele and J.J. Abrams
· “The Nevers,” Joss Whedon’s new science fiction series starring Laura Donnelly
· “The Gilded Age,” the opulent world of 1885 New York from “Downton Abbey’s” Julian Fellowes
· “Avenue 5,” high satire aboard a space-bound cruise ship from Armando Iannucci (“Veep”), starring Hugh Laurie and Josh Gad
· “The Undoing,” a psychological thriller from David E. Kelley, directed by Susanne Bier starring Nicole Kidman and Hugh Grant
· “The Plot Against America,” reimagined history based on Phillip Roth’s novel written and executive produced by David Simon and Ed Burns, starring Winona Ryder and John Turturro
· “Perry Mason,” the classic legal drama for a new generation, executive produced by Robert Downey, Jr. and Susan Downey, with Matthew Rhys in the title role
· “I Know This Much Is True,” a complex family drama starring Mark Ruffalo playing twin brothers, one of whom has schizophrenia, based on the best-selling novel by Wally Lamb, written and directed by Derek Cianfrance. (HBO)
Spencer and Vogue return for a second series
E4’s popular reality series featuring Spencer Matthews and Vogue Williams has been recommissioned from Rumpus Media and Money Group Entertainment, it was announced today (17/07/19).
The family Matthews are back with ‘Spencer, Vogue and Wedding Two’ (w/t). It’s almost six months since Spencer, wife Vogue and baby Theodore made a huge impression on E4’s audience. The success of ‘Spencer, Vogue and Baby Too’ across social media and the wider press hasn’t been lost on Spencer… “It’s put us right at the top of the Z list”, he comments with a hint of his trademark humour.
‘Spencer, Vogue and Wedding Two’ (w/t) (4×60’) promises to be every bit as hilarious as their first series which the Mail on Sunday lauded, ‘Unexpectedly funny and heartwarming’.
Theodore is now ten months old – he’s crawling, laughing and eating solids, but will we capture his first steps over the course of the summer? And life is just as chaotic for Spencer and Vogue with the launch of new business ventures and a summer calendar packed with social engagements.
Then there’s the small matter of throwing the Wedding party they always wanted. Their first ceremony was an intimate affair for close family – and Vogue was heavily pregnant. This time, the couple want to invite all their friends and Vogue can wear the type of dress she couldn’t fit into first time around!
The new series, ‘Spencer, Vogue and Wedding Two’ (w/t) will feature regular appearances from Vogue’s family including her mum Sandra – fast becoming an Instagram sensation in her own right. Ex- ‘Made in Chelsea’ alumni Hugo Taylor and Millie Mackintosh will also be on hand to give the couple some much needed assistance with the wedding preparations. And last but certainly not least, dog Winston.
Vogue Williams commented: “I am so excited that our show is returning to E4. I love working with Spenny, and can’t wait to bring my mum in to the fold, it’s been brilliant working with her this year. Watching Theodore coming close to one years old, celebrating our wedding by hosting a big party and having Winston find his way through all of it is going to be so much fun. I hope you have as good a time watching it as we do making it.”
Spencer Matthews added: “Vogue’s career is going from strength to strength… I’m just glad to have been of service. And a big thank you to E4 for recommissioning us.”
Emily Hudd, Rumpus Media Joint MD, said: “The response to the first series was brilliant and we are so excited to be back with Spencer and Vogue for round two. This time round they’re going to be celebrating Theodore’s first birthday, organizing a wedding party for their friends and giving us plenty more unique and funny insight on relationships, modern parenting and just how you get through the day with a one year old on two hours sleep.”
Sarah Dillistone, Commissioning Editor, Channel 4 added: “I’m delighted Spencer & Vogue is returning to E4, it was an utter joy watching them become parents in the first series and it revealed a very honest portrayal of their relationship that our audience loved. It was relatable, warm and funny and with full access to their (second?) wedding, we’re guaranteed another series packed full of emotion and humour.”
Spencer, Vogue and Wedding Two (w/t) is produced by Rumpus Media and Money Group Entertainment. Emily Hudd and Jim Hickey are Executive Producers for Rumpus Media and Francis Ridley is Executive Producer for Money Group Entertainment. The series was ordered by Karl Warner for E4 and the commissioning editor is Sarah Dillistone. (E4)
Dead Pixels loads a new save on E4
E4 is adding more XP to its comedy stats and levelling up with a second series of Dead Pixels.
The show that takes an affectionate and humorous look at the world of online gaming – no loot boxes required.
Our GG gamers Meg (Alexa Davies – Mamma Mia 2, Raised by Wolves, Detectorists), Nicky (Will Merrick – Poldark, Skins), Russell (David Mumeni – Damned, Lost in London) and Usman (Sargon Yelda – Spectre, Innocent) make attempts to truly be AFK and build lives in reality… which ironically draws them further back into the online world of the Kingdom Scrolls, and with an expansion pack available anything could happen.
Things become even more emotionally complicated for the gang with non-gamer Alison (Charlotte Ritchie – Call the Midwife, Raised by Wolves, Fresh Meat) still stuck on the side lines. Only one thing’s for certain: we’re not ready for Game Over yet.
Remember: 1f y0u c4n 234d 7h15 y0u 423 4 n32d!
Jon Petrie, Commissioning Editor for Channel 4 Comedy says: “We’re delighted to be working with the brilliant Jon Brown and Various Artists Limited on another series of the fantastically funny Dead Pixels; a show that proves if you’re a talented comedy writer you can absolutely justify sitting on your sofa playing computer games as ‘research’.”
Jon Brown, commented: “I’m very excited to be inserting another credit into the giant Dead Pixels arcade cabinet, and look forward to continuing the adventures of Meg and Nicky, in both the game and non-game worlds. Expect more fire, death and cow slaughter.”
Phil Clarke, Managing Director at Various Artisists Limited added: “We are delighted to be returning on E4 for a second run, and look forward to working with our talented cast, the outstanding writer Jon Brown, and Keyframe, our exceptional animators. As well as the supportive and inspirational comedy department at Channel 4.”
Dead Pixels is commissioned by Fiona McDermott, Head of Comedy for Channel 4 and Jon Petrie, Commissioning Editor for Channel 4 Comedy. Dead Pixels is made by Various Artists Ltd, written by Jon Brown, executive produced by Peep Show writers Sam Bain and Jesse Armstrong and produced by Tanya Qureshi. (E4)